Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hi. I'm considering marrying an engineer for an oil company. What would I be letting myself in for?

Well, its like what it says above, except that he's actually a couple of interviews away from being one. I just want to know what that life is like. He says that the companies told him that they are very considerate about letting employees stay fixed when they have families, but others I've spoken to say this just isn't what happens. Also, they said that what would happen would be him going out to the oil rigs for 1 or 2 weeks, and coming back for 1 or 2 etc. What's this like, both before and after kids?Hi. I'm considering marrying an engineer for an oil company. What would I be letting myself in for?
I am married to a rig truck driver and my two grown sons are drillers. They spend weeks at a time on the road working on rig sites. It is just like being married to anyone who is employed at a job where they have to travel alot. Whether they are salesmen, long haul truck drivers or military people the time away doesn't make things easy. As the person who is at home you have to take alot of the responsibility for the maintaince of the home and keeping yourself occupied on yourself. Trust some times can be a big issue. Riggers are a different type of people too. It can be lot rougher of a life style out there. Guys tend to harden up mentally when they aren't in the presence of their spouses much. IT takes them a while to come down from the mind set they get into out there when they come home. Email me if you want to talk about this more......Hi. I'm considering marrying an engineer for an oil company. What would I be letting myself in for?
Yeah, I understand that they go away quite a lot. Some stay on the rig for a couple of weeks and back home for a couple of weeks as you said.


I don'k know if having a family makes any difference.


Good luck.xx
when hillary clinton is president everybody will be switching over to battery powered cars and so your husband will be out of a job.
Do you love this man? I am getting the impression that you do not. Just a word of advice, do not marry if you do not love him. Life will be miserable.
HI THERE





DO NOT KNOW IF ANYONE IN YAHOO HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT, BUT I just think you should research about couples in oil companies get some feedback. I think people get married for love are you in love?





If so would it matter how you both spend your future ?





talk it out the both of you think and react after you come to some conclusion .





be well be safe god bless
Lonely days and lonely nights.
he's gonna be away for long periods of time then he will seeing women in some of these areas because he'll be stressed and ur not there, he'll have all the money he needs. but some guys aren't like that, so it can work for some people.
it is true..


they leave for weeks .. and sometimes months at a time





but who cares if u love him???


what are u about???





all engineers.. are a different breed.. yes..


I didn't believe it until I was married to one for 12 yrs.. and I couldn't believe it..


I hope u have been with him 2 or 3 years.. and really no him..


think twice about this???





not just the job but the person.... ?


good luck..
lots of gas and oil...hahaha
Dunno.





What's he like - regardless of what he does?
Engineers can be very stoic, conservative and if you don't keep him laughing very serious otherwise he could provide an excellent life. As far as the gas and oil industry goes you could move frequently or get sent to the far reaches of the earth unless he excells and gets an executive position, of course that will take some work.
MONEY !!!! ENGINEERS MAKE BIG BUCKS.....YOU AINT EVEN MARRIED YET AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT HIM WORKING!
stability and money
If you are basing yhour marriage to some one on their job, you should just do him the favor of leaving him so he can find someone who really loves him, not his income.
lots of gass for your car
Long hours and long trips away, but then long breaks at home! if you are independent and can take care of things at home while he's away, and if you are strong as a couple, it can be a lot of fun! (Believe me, a lot of married couples can use a break now and then. You just drive each other crazy after a while!)

No comments:

Post a Comment