Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oil and Gas engineer or Land surveyor ?

Hi, I'm looking for a more lucrative career from a financial adviser and have come up with these 2 options.


I'm wondering if anyone could give me any information about mainly what type of money each of these would expect with a few years experience and beyond, also does anyone know what the business potential is in such occupations.





Any info is greatly appreciated,





IkeOil and Gas engineer or Land surveyor ?
I am glad to help you. If I understand you correctly: you want to leave the finance industry and move to either be a land surveyor or an oil and gas. I'll move on to say you are a smart person because to me its seems like you have done some research and found that these two careers are always gonna be in demand.





my personal suggestion:


I am a pipeline engineer from a family of 4 engineers and a pharmacist....my younger sister graduated with masters degree in oil and gas engineering and is currently making $120,000 b/4 bonuses. I will ask that you look more into oil and gas becuase its one of the best paid careers today due to the everlasting demand for oil. The oil and gas industry will take you all over the world (if you wish to go) just like pipelines have taken me to all the continents on this planet. Oil and gas a very exciting world and you will discover that not only will you make a fortune there but you will build a network in that field within your first yrs of working that will beneft your family and friends who may want to follow behind.





A good recommendation is a school in europe:


UNIV OF ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND (good for masters degree- write down for future)








I HOPE THIS HELPED - NEED MORE INFO?





PLS EMAIL ME OR ASK ANOTHER QUESTION...GOODLUCK IN UR CAREER.Oil and Gas engineer or Land surveyor ?
Oil and Gas are fossil fuels that wil run out sooon, be a land surveyor, much more enviromentally friendly.
I got an e-mail from a head hunter for the oil and gas industry in the US. It said that it starts at $58,000. If you want me to forward it to you, e-mail me at floodtl@yahoo.com. Don't go through the link on my profile.





Here's part of it:


Field Engineer in Oil and Gas Services Industry





';not your 9-5, inside job';





A global oil and gas drilling services company is seeking field engineers. The work would be at oil and gas drilling


sites in the Southern, Mid-West, and Western USA. It is exciting work


that gives one the opportunity for hands on engineering. The work is


almost totally outdoors鈥攈ard hat, steel toed boots, and coveralls. The


company provides excellent, extensive training; a defined career path at a


';grow from within'; company; and opportunities for leadership


roles within the first year. This company is in a growth mode, with a


bright future and a


';positive attitude'; culture.





First year salary: $58,500.00. Opportunity for bonuses after training


complete. With bonuses, $62,000 is potential for first year.
surveyors make bank man it depends on where you are at but you have to take a liscensed test after college
  • paper mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment