Friday, July 23, 2010

95 VW 2.0 Oil Pressure Sensor Warning?

Hi all, so the last week has sent my VW on the fritz when the oil light and beep of doom go off over 2k RPM. Oil level is fine, engine sounds normal, etc. Tried pushing the sensor down and it seemed to resolve things for a little while just to return to beeping. Also I found that oil seemed to be leaking from the sensor area itself (I don't know if this is the case of if it is oozing from somewhere above). So I'm kinda thinking that there is something wrong with the sensor, not the pump.


Does anyone know to check this so I have something to come to a mechanic with in hand?


you rule,


thanks,


-GH95 VW 2.0 Oil Pressure Sensor Warning?
If it like most oil pressure sensers it is metal with plastic and it is leaking where the metal meets the plastic.


Yep it is the senser, just go to the auto store and get a new oil pressure sending unit, and install it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment